Last Updated on January 10, 2021 by admin
WiFi Signal is a system menu bar application that provides easy access to your Wi-Fi connection details (name, channel, transmit rate, signal strength, noise, etc.), monitors the signal quality of your wireless network, and can find and recommend alternative channels for your network thus avoiding signal overlapping and channel conflicts that can result in connectivity issues and performance degradation.
Monitor and troubleshoot the quality of your Wi-Fi connection.
• Simple, straightforward user interface
• Fully customizable status icon display options
• Dark mode support
• Accurate dBm to percentage (%) conversion
• Real-time graphs for signal strength and noise level, Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR), transmit rate, or MCS index (if supported)
• Signal quality ratings based on SNR measurements
• Automatic channel recommendations*
• Notifications and event logging for common events, such as when the computer joins to or disconnects from a network, roams to a different access point, or when data rate or channel configuration changes are detected
• Comprehensive app’s help describes how to use the tool the most effective way
Requires a Mac with built-in Wi-Fi. External Wi-Fi adapters are not supported.
For a more comprehensive analysis of the Wi-Fi environment consider WiFi Explorer, also available in the Mac App Store.
* Due to limitations of the Wi-Fi scanning framework, channel recommendations are based solely on the detection of other Wi-Fi signals, and do not consider external sources of interference or hidden networks (i.e. networks that do not broadcast their SSIDs).
• Fixes an issue where the MCS index was not shown in specific systems even if the metric was available.
• Removes support to display the maximum transmit rate as the Wi-Fi adapter doesn’t longer report this metric accurately.
• Updates vendors database.
Also in version 4.4:
• Adds support for Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax).
• Adds the ability to display annotations in notifications (see Preferences > Notifications).
• Adds the ability to display the number of spatial streams (supported Mac models only) in the status display using pattern %L (see Preferences > Status).
• Adds support to display annotations created in WiFi Explorer Pro 3 automatically.
• Fixes crash that may occur when viewing event logs.
• New app’s icon and help book.
• Other bug fixes and improvements.
If you find WiFi Signal useful and have a couple of minutes, please share your thoughts by leaving a review in the Mac App Store. It will make a huge difference to us!
Found a problem or have a concern? Please visit the WiFi Signal Support website and send us a message so we can resolve it.