Last Updated on July 31, 2021 by admin
The Oregon Trail is back, and you can now play it through Apple Arcade, a game subscription service with over 100 groundbreaking new games.
The Oregon Trail™ by Gameloft—Experience The Oregon Trail™ like never before. A modern twist on the trials and tribulations of the road to Oregon, this official successor to the global phenomenon will immerse players in exhilarating journeys ranging from the historically accurate to the totally extreme. Players will pick their travelling party, stock the wagon with supplies, and embark on an adventure filled with tough choices, new dangers and unexpected situations. Surviving blizzards, broken limbs, snakebites, exhaustion, starvation, and the dreaded dysentery is no small feat; all the while navigating an untamed frontier to get your party to their new life in Oregon before the winter. Track down a missing party in the aftermath of a fierce blizzard, transport volatile gunpowder through blistering desert heat, compete in challenging hunting mini-games, and meet a broad cast of historic figures. With procedurally selected random events where players’ choices affect their party and future game events, there’s always a new adventure on the horizon every time you play.
Always a New Adventure
• Build and name your travel party from different classes, each with their own starting items and randomized skills and personality traits, to make your journey to Oregon unique every time you play.
• Overcome hundreds of random events where each choice you make affects your party and future events with outcomes influenced by your unique party members’ skills and traits.
• Remember to take care of your party, wagon, and oxen, or you’ll all become casualties of the trail.
• Take on 12 playable Journeys.
• Monitor your party members’ health, morale, stamina and hygiene.
• Manage your inventory to squeeze everything you can into the wagon.
• Maintain your wagon to prevent breakdowns and inventory loss from spoiling or spillage.
• Learn about real people and places from the trail in your interactive Journal.
• Collect and learn about all of the interesting animals that you’ll encounter along the way.
True to the Original
• Hunting and Rafting mini-games make a long-awaited return. Both remain faithful to their original gameplay with all-new visuals.
• Dysentery, river forging, broken legs, thieves in the night, plus many more classic events and hazards await
Striking Art Direction and Score
• A beautiful blend of charming pixel art characters, 3D environments and cutting-edge lighting and visual effects creates a unique visual style that’s nostalgic and contemporary all at once.
• An all-original soundtrack of alt-country-inspired music combined with classic 8-bit-style sound effects.
• For the first time, the game features Native American playable characters and stories, celebrating the history and cultures of the peoples who first lived on this land and still live here today.
• Thorough research and multiple academic consultants were involved in this game’s production to ensure accuracy and respectful representation of all peoples depicted in the game.
Officially Licensed & Supported
• The Oregon Trail™ is an officially licensed game from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH).
• HMH supported the evolution of The Oregon Trail™ to be true to the original, but with updated gameplay and visuals.
• 2016 Video Game Hall of Fame inductee.
Visit our official site at http://theOregonTrail-game.com
For support visit http://www.gameloft.com/theoregontrail/support
Don’t forget to follow us on social media:
End-User License Agreement: https://www.gameloft.com/theoregontrail/eula
Hit the trail again in our first update, with new quests and achievements, an improved tutorial, balance updates, and a wagonload of performance and bug fixes!
EXCITING NEW QUESTS to play along the Oregon Trail! These Quests can be played in “The Oregon Trail,” “The Nature Trail,” and “Oregon or Bust” Journeys! You can also now track Quests in the Guidebook.
• The Ballad of Lewis Southworth: Lewis is on a mission – he wants to perform with his fiddle, but first needs your help to put together a band.
• Hold Your Piece: A mysterious, wandering sharpshooter with a thirst for revenge challenges you to tests of marksmanship and gunplay. Can you change his fate?
• The Peoria Party: The “Oregon Dragoons” from Peoria have split up; reunite the 10 missing Dragoons and send them on their way to Oregon!
BALANCE UPDATES AND IMPROVEMENTS to various areas of the game, including:
• Tutorial Update: Many changes to the tutorial to help support new players and to remove roadblocks from seasoned players who want to get straight into the game. Changes have been made to the text, a skip-tutorial option has been added, and easier game modes have been showcased for players earlier.
• New Achievements: 12 new achievements to obtain!
• Guidebook Extension: The Guidebook has been expanded to accommodate the new features and content that has been added to the game.
• Game Balancing: Event spawning, river crossings, events, items and unlocks have all received balancing passes.
• New Events: To further improve replayability, we are creating new events to keep the experience on the trail fun and engaging for longer sessions.
MANY (200+!!!) BUG FIXES and quality-of-life improvements, including:
• Performance improvements (texture loading, asset loading, FPS improvements, controller performance)
• Localisation updates and fixes (concatenated strings, grammar updates, better translations)
• Resolved various issues that could cause the game to crash
• Preventing certain events from repeating too frequently (e.g. In the Nick of Time)
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish