Last Updated on February 8, 2021 by admin
innovative :: bytes start is a unique launcher for macOS with which you can open applications, documents, URLs or folders quickly and easily. Tidy up your dock.
start supports you and your workflow with a well-planned organization system for your applications, documents and folders and offers quick access to what you need.
Operation is extremely simple: start automatically collects all applications available with Spotlight. You can also add files and folders manually as you wish.
Open your entries with a simple mouse click or even faster and more convenient: with a hotkey! Also use tags, colors and comments to keep track of your entries. Enjoy the simple operation and the convenient functions of start!
## functions ##
Use tags to create collections for your applications, commonly used folders, scripts or other files. Organizing and sorting files, documents, and folders in macOS has never been so easy. Save a lot of time – the search was yesterday!
Add comments and small notes to your entries to describe them in more detail. The comments will remind you what the entries can do for you. Small comments with a big impact – so you always have an overview!
Highlight your entries as you want! With just a few clicks, you can highlight your entries with colors and find them even faster. Choose colors for more clarity and order – effective and visually appealing!
Assign a key combination to individual entries and start them immediately from anywhere with a customizable key combination. Your workflow will no longer be disturbed – you will like the hotkeys!
## Requirements ##
start was developed for macOS from version 10.13 and uses Spotlight internally to search for applications. For start to work, Spotlight must be activated and also capture applications (this is the normal setting of macOS)
# New functions
– Enhancement of the drag’n’drop functionality in the main window: Individual entries can now simply be dragged onto an existing tag so that the tag is assigned to these entries.
– The configuration dialog has been revised and divided into three areas. Besides a better structure, there is now space for future options.
– In the configuration dialog you can now choose between different menu bar icons for Start.
# Bug fixes
– Layout fixes: some buttons did not have the desired width.
– Various minor and major code optimizations and bug fixes.