Last Updated on August 31, 2020 by admin
PowerPhotos allows you to break up your Photos.app images among multiple Photos libraries, rather than having to store all of them in one giant library. You can easily switch between libraries, or just browse the photos in your libraries directly from PowerPhotos, without having to open each library in Photos.
PowerPhotos also supports searching across all your libraries at once to help track down a particular photo. If you use iCloud Photo Library to sync photos with your other devices, splitting up your library can help save on iCloud storage costs. Use a single library to hold a smaller collection that you sync with iCloud, while keeping the bulk of your photos in separate libraries so they don’t take up space on iCloud. PowerPhotos can analyze your libraries for duplicate photos, showing them to you side-by-side and letting you get rid of extra copies of photos that you no longer need.
What’s new in PowerPhotos
- Improved progress display during long duplicate searches
- Fixed a bug where excluding the PowerPhotos duplicate trash from a duplicate search wouldn’t work
- Improved the error message shown when trying to copy a library to a disk without enough free space
- Fixes a bug where calculating an album’s size would use unnecessary CPU
- Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause PowerPhotos to crash on launch when iCloud Photos with “Optimize Mac Storage” option is enabled
- Added a criterion to choose duplicate keepers based on whether the photo is a Live Photo
• Intel, 64-bit processor
• macOS 10.14 or later