Last Updated on March 27, 2021 by admin
The #1 Blog Editor for the Mac!
MarsEdit is the best way to write, preview, and publish your blog.
Free to download! Unlock a free trial in the app, purchase a full license, or continue to use the app for free to maintain an archive on your Mac and work locally with your published blog posts.
– Works with WordPress, Micro.blog, Tumblr, TypePad, Movable Type and dozens of other systems that support standard MetaWeblog and AtomPub interfaces.
– Work offline with local drafts on your Mac, preview the formatting and content of your posts, and publish when you’re ready to share with the world.
– Easily browse for a photo from your iPhoto, Aperture, or Lightroom libraries, and embed it for automatic upload with your blog post.
– Avoid common browser-based problems like losing your edits by navigating to another page, poor spelling for lack of a spell checker, etc.
– Perfect for professional bloggers and casual writers who don’t want to mess around with clunky web-based interfaces. If you’re lucky enough to have a Mac, nothing is more powerful or more elegant than MarsEdit.
– Write in Rich Text “WYSIWYG” that will be converted automatically to HTML when you publish, or hand-tune the HTML in a syntax-highlighted code editor. Markdown fan? Write in Markdown in the HTML editor and see a live-preview of the HTML rendering in the preview window.
– Compatible with macOS 10.12 or higher.
Coming to the Mac from Windows? MarsEdit is similar to Live Writer, the popular Windows blog editor, but differs in some ways. Ask around and read MarsEdit reviews to decide if MarsEdit is right for you.
This update includes the following improvements:
– Improve the VoiceOver accessibility of Preferences and Blog Settings
– Fix a bug that prevented custom media folders from working on Apple Silicon Macs
– Fix a bug that caused blank values in the the Author column of the main post list
– Fix a bug that prevented newly added blog from becoming selected in the main window
– Avoid a hang-up that occurred when trying to download a preview template with no blog configured
– Custom field values can now be set on a post via AppleScript
– Selecting “New Post” from the app’s Dock icon menu now activates the app as well
– Increase the text size of labels in the Media Manager
If you have a minute, please leave a rating or review in the App Store. It means a lot.
Questions or concerns about the app? Get in touch at [email protected] Thank you!