Last Updated on May 2, 2021 by admin
macOS Server makes it easy to configure and monitor Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV devices and network storage volumes.
Here’s what you’ll get with macOS Server:
• Mobile device management for iOS, macOS, and tvOS devices
• Distribution of institution licensed apps and books purchased from the Volume Purchase Program to users or devices
• Install Software Updates on devices running iOS 12 and mac OS 10.14
• Device Enrollment Program integration
• Web-based administration console
• Self-service user portal for clearing passcodes, remote lock, and remote wipe
• Block-level SAN file sharing with concurrent read/write access
• Xsan volume hosting and configuration
• Volume management, storage pooling, striping, and volume mapping
• Real-time monitoring, graphs, and event notifications
• Metadata controller failover and file system journaling
• Local and remote management
• Users and group settings
• View real-time graphs of server usage
• Receive alerts on network changes, certificate expiration, storage usage, and more
Some features require an Apple ID and/or compatible Internet access; additional fees and terms apply. Some features require program enrollment. Some features are not available in all countries.
* Profile Manager performance improvements
* New restrictions for Unpaired External Boot to Recovery and Unlock with Apple Watch
* Support for Xsan management is now included in macOS Big Sur. See https://developer.apple.com/support/downloads/Xsan-Management-Guide.pdf to learn more about migrating to the new tools.