Last Updated on February 13, 2021 by admin
Default Folder X attaches a toolbar to the right side of the Open and Save dialogs in any OS X-native application. The toolbar gives you fast access to various folders and commands. You just click on the buttons to go to your favorite and recently used folders, manage the folders and files shown in the list, and make changes to your settings. It also fixes a number of problems in Open and Save dialogs, “rebounding” to the last selected file, putting the path listing back in the top menu, and correcting bugs in scrolling column views.
- Directory assistant: You can access the contents of your recent, favorite, and open folders right from toolbar.
- Real time saving: If you’re constantly saving things inside the same folder, Can remember that folder for you.
- Finder management: Lets you open up or save to any Finder window with a single click.
- Instant Recall: To help you quickly return to folders you’ve recently used, Remembers them for you.
- Spotlight on the spot: Lets you add Spotlight keywords, OpenMeta tags, and Finder labels on the spot, while you’re still in the Save dialog.
- Information central: You get previews below every Open dialog, expanded to fill the available space. Need to see more detail? Click on the image and it zooms up to full size.
- Workflow without work: Rather than make you learn and set up a new application, Default Folder X blends into OS X.
What’s new in Default Folder X
- The width of the sidebar in file dialogs is now saved and restored, working around a bug in Big Sur 11.2.
- Holding down the Option key while switching folder sets will open all Favorites from that set in the Finder.
- Default Folder X supports searching with the version of HoudahSpot available on Setapp in addition to the standalone version from Houdah Software.
- Previously, when you chose a file from the Recent Files menu in a file dialog that was already displaying the folder containing that file, Default Folder X would select the file but wouldn’t open it. The file is now correctly opened when you choose it from the menu. This also fixes a similar bug when sending a search result from HoudahSpot to Default Folder X.
- Incorporated additional workarounds for disappearing cursor problems on Big Sur.
- Fixed some minor user interface issues in the Preferences window.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.10 or later