Last Updated on September 13, 2020 by admin
Brave automatically blocks ads and trackers, making it faster and safer than your current browser. Soon, micropayments and better ads will give users and publishers a better deal. Up to a whopping 60% of page-load time is caused by the underlying ad technology that loads into various places each time you hit a page on your favorite news site. And 20% of this is time spent on loading things that are trying to learn more about you.
- Browse Faster – Blocks trackers and intrusive ads that can slow you down on the web.
- Browse Safer – Keeps you and your information safer, effectively shielding you from 3rd party tracking and malvertisement.
- Browse Better – You can choose whether to see ads that respect your privacy or pay sites directly. Either way, you can feel good about helping fund content creators.
- Blocks harmful advertising – There’s a new ad game in town. It’s called “Malvertising”. The latest display ad technology can install malware on your laptop without your knowledge. But not with Brave watching your back.
- Redirects sites to HTTPS – We’ve integrated HTTPS Everywhere into every Brave browser to make sure you are always moving your bits across the safest possible pipe.
- Blocks tracking pixels and tracking cookies – Do you ever get that feeling that someone is watching you when you see an ad for something you bought a few days ago? We make sure you aren’t being tracked while you shop online and browse your favorite sites.
What’s new in Brave
- Fixed Brave Rewards service being associated to Tor profiles.
- Fixed “setup.exe” not being signed.
- Fixed Gemini widget being displayed in unsupported region(s).
- Fixed clicks not being registered on ad notifications in certain cases.
- Upgraded Chromium to 85.0.4183.102.