Greater control of the authorship process with Augmented Citation Copy, Augmented Glossary, Augmented Views, Cuttings & more.
When you are ready to share your work as a PDF you get an automatically created Reference section. You can also post to WordPress.
• Copy from PDF in the companion application Reader and paste as a full citation in Author
• Paste the BibTex or DOI from an academic PDF to have it automatically turn into a full citation
• Cite quickly and easily from Books, Web pages and YouTube videos (from specified time if desired)
• Citations can easily be moved around from one document to another by clicking on the citation and choosing ‘Copy Citation’.
Advanced Automatic Export Options
• Append References Section
• Create Cover Page
• Number Headings
• Specify how citations should appear: Author Date or Author Number
• Makes typed-out links live
• Option to have Visual-Meta attached
• Publish to WordPress: Supports multiple accounts and image attachments
• Dynamic View: Think freely without being constrained by the traditional columns of text. Mind map, concept map and jot down thoughts, right inside Author.
• Instant Outline: Pinch on your trackpad to fold the text to see just the headings. Pinch further in or out to see more or less headings
• Advanced Find: If you only want to see sentences with a specific keyword, select the keyword cmd-f to hide all the sentences which do not have the keyword will be hidden. Click on a sentence to jump to it, cmd-f again or ESC to return to the regular view.
• Magic Margins: Double click in the margins (in full screen mode) to jot down any notes. If the notes are also in the document they will be bold and you can double-click to see all their occurrences. Note: These margins do not follow your document when you scroll, they are separate, to allow you to have an always-available space to jot notes–hence they are not like traditional margins
• Everything you Cut (but not Copied) is remembered by Author. CMD-shift-v to see what you have Cut and choose what to paste
Modern & Minimalist
• Makes Author fast and gives you auto saving and everything else you would expect from a modern, native macOS application including iCloud Drive (sync with Author iOS in the future)
• cmd- / cmd+ to scale all the text, you cannot change the size, colour or font of specific text in Author, only make it bold and italic, since Author is a writing application, not a layout application so therefore gives you less things to unproductively fiddle with
• Reduces eye strain and supports native macOS Dark Mode
• Including complete citation information and internal links to them. Author is minimalist but not markdown.
• ESC to go into and out of full screen. It seems like a detail but is very helpful when going between focused writing and interacting with many documents.
A Liquid Product
• Integrated with Reader (PDF reader): Provides instant citations through simply copying and pasting text using the Visual-Meta method as described at http://www.liquid.info/scholarly-copy.html
• Integrated with Liquid actions: Provides hundreds of commands in less than one second on any selected text.
Please feel free to contact me with questions, suggestions and of course, bug reports at [email protected] or connect on Twitter: @liquidizer
Author is now free, with the option to pay In-App to enable Export, at the same cost as Author was before (US$15 or equivalent in your currency) as an annual subscription. This change is made to allow you to really try Author and decide if it’s for you before you commit.
NOTE: f you have already bought Author you will not need to pay for the upgrade–it will automatically be unlocked for you.
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions or issues.
The names of headings in export (Contents, References etc.) is now localised to Chinese (traditional), Chinese (simplified), Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Russian, Spanish and Turkish. If you would like to add a language or if yoiu see any errors, please get in touch, we have only just started localising.
This update also improves export and fixes smaller bugs.