Last Updated on April 7, 2021 by admin
App Tamer tames your processor-monopolizing apps and keeps them from chewing up excessive CPU time and battery life. Powered by a unique AutoStop feature, App Tamer stops each application when you switch away from it — when you return to that app, it restarts automatically!
Built around an attractive and clear user interface, designed for managing all your running applications with minimum distraction or frustration. With helpful displays, you can monitor the average percentage of your processor(s) being used by each app, or access a graphical history or your CPU usage. Easily enable AutoStop for any application, or limit it to a certain amount of CPU time.
Don’t waste time trying to manage CPU usage on an app-by-app basis — liberate your Mac!
What’s new in App Tamer
- The default window size for App Tamer’s window has been restored so it’s the correct size at first launch.
- Resize cursors will correctly appear when you hover over the edges of App Tamer’s window, showing that it can be resized.
- A bug was fixed that could result in App Tamer’s process list showing truncated names for apps and processes, or no names at all.
- App Tamer now shows the Spotlight Engine process in the Highest CPU Processes list, rather than hiding it as an “essential system process”.
- There’s a new, experimental feature that can be used to kill specific processes if they periodically “run away” (they suddenly start using crazy amounts of CPU time).
- OS X 10.8 or later
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later 64-bit