Last Updated on December 27, 2020 by admin
Airfoil allows you to send any audio to AirPort Express units, Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs, all in sync! It’s your audio – everywhere.
With Airfoil you can take audio from any application and send to your AirPort Express units, as well as Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs running Airfoil Speakers! Transmit audio from RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, and other media players. Send audio from web-based applications like Pandora, Last.fm, and other to the AirPort Express. You can even stream audio from audio devices like RadioSHARK, XM and Sirius radios, around your house.
What’s new in Airfoil
- Initial Support for M Chip-Based Macs. Airfoil is now a Universal app, offering initial support for the new M1 chip-based Macs. Though there are no known issues, we do not yet recommend its use in critical productions. Further testing is ongoing, with more updates to follow.
- Full MacOS 11 (Big Sur) Compatibility. Airfoil now has full compatibility with MacOS 11 (Big Sur), with no known issues.
- ACE 11.6 Brings Audio Capture to Apple Silicon Macs. The Audio Capture Engine (ACE) has been updated to 11.6, offering compatibility with Apple Silicon Macs.
- HomePod Mini Support. Airfoil now has full support for streaming audio to Apple’s new HomePod Mini.
- Track titles are now supported with Algoriddim’s new “djay Pro AI”.
- Airfoil now respects the user-specified system-wide “Accent” color on MacOS 10.14 (Mojave) and up. It also supports Big Sur’s new “Multicolor” option, with an appropriate, app-specific blue.
- The tab icons in Airfoil’s preferences have been updated to fit new sizing requirements on MacOS 11 (Big Sur).
- The menu bar icons now use the correct click highlight at all times on Big Sur.
- The Bonjour debugger now appears properly when the Mac is set to Dark mode.